Sunday, October 7, 2012

Health for Life Cooking in October

 
Winter Squash and Red Lentil Stew
A very creamy soup filled with winter squash and red lentils with just a touch of chopped kale. It has a slightly sweet and mild taste of curry. It's warm, satisfying and delicious! If desired, top it off with a touch of cashew cream.



Cruciferous Rice
Rice dishes that contain a few chopped vegetables are great but a dish rich in cruciferous vegetables with a little rice is even better!
This is a delicious combination of onion, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, green peas, brown rice, spices and garnished with chopped cashews.

Fruity Fall Cabbage Salad
This was a favorite salad on the river trips that I took years ago. I loved the combination of cabbage and fruit dressed in vanilla yogurt. My version is made with red and green cabbage, grated carrot, apples, pears and raisins covered in a much healthier non-dairy dressing with just a touch of nutmeg and cinnamon. I could eat this for breakfast!



Scrumptious Pecan Cookies
If I have these cookies around when my 6 year old grandson is visiting, I can't keep him out of them. And to be honest, I can hardly keep myself out of them! They are so simple to make with only 4 ingredients! No processed sugars, extracted oils or flours are used. Contain pecans.

And there you have it! Health for Life Cooking in October. Only 1 Health for Life class will be offered this month on Tuesday October 16. I will be demonstrating the soup, cabbage salad, and cookies at my Kitchen Corner class on Thursday October 11. Hope to see you in class!
Contact April at health4life07@yahoo.com.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

100% Plant Based 100% Nutritious 100% Delicious

Health for Life cooking will demonstrate how to incorporate the wonderful plant foods that nature provides into delicious meals that are rich in phyto-nutrients, protein, calcium, and taste! Processed flours and sugars are rarely used and processed oils are never used! To purchase my cookbooks and find out when my next cooking classes are, visit www.health4lifecooking.com.