Saturday, April 13, 2013

Kale for Calcium

Did you know that a 4 oz serving of steamed kale has just as much calcium as one cup of milk? Broccoli, bok choy, sesmae seeds, and garbanzo beans are also excellent calcium sources. These plant foods have very little artery clogging saturated fat, NO cholesterol, are loaded with fiber and thousands of micro nutrients that are critical for good health. Furthermore, the body absorbs about 50% of the calcium in greens compared to only about 32% of the calcium in milk.
I think I'll have some leafy greens with my Chic Pea Burgers tonight! See my recipe page for Chic Pea Burger recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

100% Plant Based 100% Nutritious 100% Delicious

Health for Life cooking will demonstrate how to incorporate the wonderful plant foods that nature provides into delicious meals that are rich in phyto-nutrients, protein, calcium, and taste! Processed flours and sugars are rarely used and processed oils are never used! To purchase my cookbooks and find out when my next cooking classes are, visit www.health4lifecooking.com.